The 60A (Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine part number 49947) is a 1 3/4" round painted axle with a 2,000 lbs. capacity. This axle size can commonly be found on light duty utility and landscaping trailers. The black powder coat finish on the beam helps protect the steel from rust and corrosion. The axle includes 2 loose spring seats, axle nuts, washers, and cotter pins upon purchase. The straight spindles can be used with 4 lug and 5 lug idler hubs. On either spindle are pressed stainless steel wear rings for a tight grease seal fit.
- Black powder coat finish
- Includes 2 castellated nuts, 2 washers, and 2 cotter pins
- Non-lube spindles
- Comes with spring seats loose unless otherwise specified (welding is extra)
- Spring seats must be welded to axle beam before installation
- No flanges for brake mounting
- Should not be used with rims exceeding 13"
- Slight camber present in axle beam
- Hubs sold separately
- Capacity: 2,000 lbs.
- Hub Face Measurement: 56"
- Overall Length: 60.5"
- **Spring Center Range: 40" - 46"
- Beam: 1 3/4" Round
- Spindle: 1" Straight
**The spring center range is measured from the center of one spring or spring seat to the center of the opposite spring or spring seat.
- Inner/Outer Bearings (sold separately): 44643 (1" inner dimension)
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 1.25"
NOTE: Axles will only be welded within the recommended spring center range provided by the manufacturer. Going inside or outside of this range may cause the strength of the axle to lessen or even a complete axle failure. Welded axles are non-returnable for any reason. When installing the axle, make sure that the camber bow is pointing up. This camber is designed to deflect the weight of the load once weight is applied to the trailer, essentially straightening out the axle to prevent uneven tire tread wear.
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 49947