The 63A by Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine (manufacturer part number 49948) is a 1 3/4" round beam axle with a 2,000 lbs. capacity. This size is commonly used on light duty applications with 4 or 5 lug idler hubs. A black powder coat finish helps protect the beam from premature corrosion and rust. The featured stainless steel wear rings provide a tight grease seal fit to protect hubs from dust and debris. The axle comes with two loose spring seats, axle nuts, washers, and cotter pins. A slight bend, or camber, can be seen in the axle that will deflect under load to help even out tire tread wear. The axle must always be installed with the camber arc pointing up.
- Black powder coat finish
- Includes 2 castellated nuts, 2 washers, and 2 cotter pins
- Non-lube spindles
- Comes with spring seats loose unless otherwise specified (welding is extra)
- Spring seats must be welded to axle beam before installation
- No flanges for brake mounting
- Should not be used with rims exceeding 13"
- Slight camber present in axle beam
- Hubs sold separately
- Capacity: 2,000 lbs.
- Hub Face Measurement: 59"
- Overall Length: 63.5"
- **Spring Center Range: 43" - 49"
- Beam: 1 3/4" Round
- Spindle: 1" Straight
**The spring center range is measured from the center of one spring or spring seat to the center of the opposite spring or spring seat.
- Inner/Outer Bearings (sold separately): 44643 (1" inner dimension)
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 1.25"
NOTE: We will only weld within the recommended spring center range provided by the manufacturer. Going inside or outside of this range may cause the strength of the axle to lessen or even a complete axle failure. Welded axles are non-returnable for any reason. When installing the axle, make sure that the camber bow is pointing up. This camber is designed to deflect the weight of the load once weight is applied to the trailer, essentially straightening out the axle to prevent uneven tire tread wear.
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 49948