The 65A replacement trailer axle by Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine (manufacturer part number 49920) has a 1 3/4" beam that is finished in a black powder coating to help resist rust and corrosion. The 2,000 lbs. capacity is perfect for light duty utility applications. The straight spindles feature pressed stainless steel wear rings and come with axle nuts, washers, and cotter pins. This axle will come with spring seats loose unless welding is requested. A slight bend in the beam, otherwise known as a camber, will straighten out under trailer load and help provide even tire tread wear. The spring seats must be welded before installation and the axle must be installed with the camber arc facing up towards the trailer.
- Black powder coat finish
- Includes 2 castellated nuts, 2 washers, and 2 cotter pins
- Non-lube spindles
- Comes with spring seats loose unless otherwise specified (welding is extra)
- Spring seats must be welded to axle beam before installation
- No flanges for brake mounting
- Should not be used with rims exceeding 13"
- Slight camber present in axle beam
- Hubs sold separately
- Capacity: 2,000 lbs.
- Hub Face Measurement: 61"
- Overall Length: 65.5"
- **Spring Center Range: 45" - 51"
- Beam: 1 3/4" Round
- Spindle: 1" Straight
**The spring center range is measured from the center of one spring or spring seat to the center of the opposite spring or spring seat.
- Inner/Outer Bearings (sold separately): 44643 (1" inner dimension)
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 1.25"
NOTE: We will only weld within the recommended spring center range provided by the manufacturer. Going inside or outside of this range may cause the strength of the axle to lessen or even cause a complete axle failure. When installing the axle, make sure that the camber bow/arc is pointing up. This camber is designed to deflect the weight of the load once weight is applied to the trailer, essentially straightening out the axle to prevent uneven tire tread wear.
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 49920