The 73A by Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine (manufacturer part number 49922) is a 2,000 lbs. capacity replacement trailer axle suitable for light duty applications. Painted over the steel beam is a black powder coat finish to help protect from the elements. The straight spindles feature pressed stainless steel wear rings for a tight grease seal fit and come with axle nuts, washers, and cotter pins. This axle will come with two spring seats loose unless otherwise specified. Spring seats must be welded to the axle beam before installation. A slight bend in the axle, called the camber, will straighten out the axle under load and help keep tire tread wear even. This axle is commonly used with 4 or 5 lug idler hubs.
- Black powder coat finish
- Includes 2 castellated nuts, 2 washers, and 2 cotter pins
- Non-lube spindles
- Comes with spring seats loose unless otherwise specified (welding is extra)
- Spring seats must be welded to axle beam before installation
- No flanges for brake mounting
- Should not be used with rims exceeding 13"
- Slight camber present in axle beam
- Hubs sold separately
- Capacity: 2,000 lbs.
- Hub Face Measurement: 69"
- Overall Length: 73.5"
- **Spring Center Range: 53" - 59"
- Beam: 1 3/4" Round
- Spindle: 1" straight
**The spring center range is measured from the center of one spring or spring seat to the center of the opposite spring or spring seat.
- Inner/Outer Bearings (sold separately): 44643 (1" inner dimension)
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 1.25"
NOTE: We will only weld within the recommended spring center range provided by the manufacturer. Going inside or outside of this range may cause the strength of the axle to lessen or even cause a complete axle failure. Welded axles are non-returnable for any reason. When installing the axle, make sure that the camber bow is pointing up. This camber is designed to deflect the weight of the load once weight is applied to the trailer, essentially straightening out the axle to prevent uneven tire tread wear.
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 49922