The 55A by Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine (manufacturer number 49944) is a small capacity axle for light duty trailer applications. The straight spindles have pressed stainless steel wear rings and take either 4 bolt or 5 bolt idler hubs. The beam has a black powder coat finish to help resist rusting. This axle includes two spring seats, axle nuts, washers and cotter pins.
- Black powder coat finish
- Includes 2 castellated nuts, 2 washers, and 2 cotter pins
- Non-lube spindles
- Comes with spring seats loose unless otherwise specified (welding is extra)
- Spring seats must be welded to axle beam before installation
- No flanges for brake mounting
- Should not be used with rims exceeding 13"
- Non-camber beam
- Hubs sold separately
- Capacity: 2,000 lbs.
- Hub Face Measurement: 51"
- Overall Length: 55.5"
- **Spring Center Range: 35" - 41"
- Beam: 1 3/4" Round
- Spindle: 1" straight
**The spring center range is measured from the center of one spring or spring seat to the center of the opposite spring or spring seat.
- Inner/Outer Bearings (sold separately): 44643 (1" inner dimension)
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 1.25"
NOTE: Alxes will only be welded within the recommended spring center range provided by the manufacturer. Going inside or outside of this range may cause the strength of the axle to lessen. Welded axles are non-returnable for any reason.
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 49944