The 35480A by Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine (manufacture part number 49938) is a 3,500 lbs. capacity drop axle. The 4" drop spindles will lower the trailer frame once installed. This axle comes with two loose spring seats, axle nuts, washers, and cotter pins. The spindles feature pressed stainless steel wear rings for a tight grease seal fit and zerk fittings for convenient bearing lubrication. A slight bend in the beam, called a camber, is designed to deflect the trailer load to provide even tire tread wear. This camber must be installed with the arc facing up.
- Black powder coat finish
- Includes 2 castellated nuts, 2 washers, and 2 cotter pins
- Zerk fitting at end of spindles for simple bearing lubrication
- Fitting allows grease to easily flow to both the inner and outer bearings for a complete repack while purging old grease without removing the hub
- Comes with spring seats loose unless otherwise specified (welding is extra)
- Spring seats must be welded to axle beam before installation
- Used for leaf spring suspension systems
- Slight camber built into axle beam
- 4-hole flanges for brake mounting
- Hubs/drums sold separately
- Capacity: 3,500 lbs.
- Hub Face Measurement: 75"
- Flange to Flange Measurement: 68.75"
- Overall Length: 79.5"
- **Spring Center Range: 56" - 60"
- Beam: 2 3/8" Round
- Spindle: 1 3/8" x 1 1/16" flared
- Spindle Drop Distance: 4"
- Flange Hole Distance: 2 7/8" center-to-center
**The spring center range is measured from the center of one spring or spring seat to the center of the opposite spring or spring seat.
- Inner Bearing (sold separately): 68149 (1 3/8" inner diameter)
- Outer Bearing (sold separately): 44649 (1 1/16" inner diameter)
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 1.72"
NOTE: We will only weld within the recommended spring center range provided by the manufacturer. Going inside or outside of this range may cause the strength of the axle to lessen or even cause a complete axle failure. Welded axles are non-returnable for any reason. When installing the axle, make sure that the camber bow is pointing up. This camber is designed to deflect the weight of the load once weight is applied to the trailer, essentially straightening out the axle to prevent uneven tire tread wear.
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 49938