The F3578G by Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine (manufacturer part number 49550) is a strong, reliable replacement axle designed for marine environments in mind. This 2" x 2" 3,500 lb. axle is coated in galvanization for superior corrosion and rust resistant and features pressed stainless steel wear rings. The super lube spindles simplifies the greasing process. A zerk fitting is present at the ends that allows a grease gun to push new grease into the inner bearing and out the front while purging old grease without having to remove the hub, drum, or rotor. This axle has 4-hole flanges for brake installation.
- Hot dipped galvanized beam to combat corrosion
- Galvanized axles will last much longer than painted ones and are perfect for marine applications
- Features a stainless steel wear sleeve on either spindle
- Straight axle design
- Slight camber built into spindle welds
- Used for leaf spring suspension systems
- Includes 2 castellated nuts, 2 washers, and 2 cotter pins
- Zerk fitting at end of spindles for simple and easy bearing lubrication
- Pre-drilled 5/16" drain hole
- 4-hole flanges for brake mounting
- Hubs/drums sold separately
- Capacity: 3,500 lbs.
- Hub Face Measurement: 73.25"
- Flange to Flange Measurement: 67"
- Overall Length: 78"
- Spring Center Range: 57.75" - 61.75"
- Beam: 2" x 2" Square
- Spindle: 1 3/8" x 1 1/16" Flared
- Flange Hole Distance: 2 7/8" center-to-center
- Inner Bearing (sold separately): 68149 (1 3/8" inner dimension)
- Outer Bearing (sold separately): 44649 (1 1/16" inner dimension)
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 1.72"
NOTE: This axle does not come pre-drilled for the springs to mount. It is recommended to use seats and to stay within the manufacturers spring center range to achieve the full capacity. Going inside or outside of the recommended spring center range may cause the strength of the axle to decrease. Square seats do not need to be welded to the axle. Drilled axles cannot be returned for any reason.
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 49550