The 35278A drop axle by Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine (manufacturer part number 49859) is a 3,500 lbs. capacity axle with corrosion resistance in mind. A drop axle will lower the deck or frame of the trailer. The galvanized finish and pressed stainless steel wear rings help protect the steel from both salt water and fresh water conditions. Spring seat holes are pre-drilled by the manufacturer. If the spring centers do not work for the application, it is possible to use spring seats instead.
- Hot dipped galvanized beam to combat corrosion
- Galvanized axles will last much longer than painted ones and are perfect for marine applications
- Features a stainless steel wear sleeve on either spindle
- Slight camber built into spindle welds
- Used for leaf spring suspension systems
- Includes 2 castellated nut, 2 washers, and 2 cotter pins
- Pre-drilled 5/16" drain hole
- 4-hole flanges for brake mounting
- Hubs/drums sold separately
- Capacity: 3,500 lbs.
- Hub Face Measurement: 73.5"
- Flange to Flange Measurement: 67.5"
- Overall Length: 78"
- Spring Center: Pre-drilled at 58" center to center
- Beam: 2" x 2" Square
- Spindle: 1 3/8" x 1 1/16" flared
- Spindle Drop Distance: 2"
- Flange Hole Distance: 2 7/8" center-to-center
- Inner Bearing (sold separately): 68149 (1 3/8" inner dimension)
- Outer Bearing (sold separately): 44649 (1 1/16" inner dimension)
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 1.72"
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 49859