This kit by Tie Down Engineering comes with all components necessary to outfit one wheel with a disc brake system. The integral one piece rotor/hub unit will provide enhanced corrosion protection for coastal customers via a stainless steel rotor and a cast aluminum caliper.
- Universal (left or right)
- Pre-assembled with races, bearings, and grease seal installed
- Pre-greased with Lucas Red 'N' Tacky grease
- Integral hub/rotor combination
- Stainless steel rotor provides the very best protection against fresh water and salt water environments
- Galv-X coated hub
- Aluminum alloy a380 calipers dissipate heat up to five times faster than standard cast iron calipers and have an E-coat finish to protect from salt buildup
- Slim caliper design permits short axle overhangs and faster cooling
- Automotive quality floating ceramic brake pads have stainless steel backing plates for corrosion resistance
- Ceramic pad material provides a quieter, smoother stop and makes the rotors last much longer
- Bi-metal piston sheds braking heat five times faster than one piece stainless pistons through the combination of a stainless steel outer jacket and an anodized aluminum inner sleeve
- Stainless steel outer jacket is designed to not corrode or rust when exposed to road salt or saltwater
- Over sized rubber boot is 50% thicker by design and for positive piston withdrawal
- Non-corrodable oil impregnated bronze bushings last longer and work with corrosion resistant stainless steel caliper slider pins to provide smooth sliding
- Hex head design of the slider pins allows for quick removal to make servicing the brakes easier
- Type 304 stainless steel bleeder valves with Teflon coating allow for easy bleeding of the brake system
- A rotating swivel brake line connector allows easy positioning of the brake hose for your particular trailer applications
- Square O-ring with slant edge helps retract the piston away from the rotor when brake fluid pressure is release providing better protection from contaminates entering the brake fluid
- Grease cap with rubber plug permits easy access to axles with zerk fittings for re-greasing
- Fine thread slider pins
- Triple lipped grease seal gives keeps the grease in the rotor and the water out
NOTE: Tie Down disc brakes cannot be used with any electric-over-hydraulic actuators that produce more than 1,000 PSI.
- Rotor Diameter: 9.6"
- Inner Bearing: 68149 (1 3/8")
- Outer Bearing: 44646 (1 1/16")
- Seal Inner Diameter: 1.72"
- Caliper: 46910
- Mounting Bracket: 44687
- Axle Rating: 3,500 lbs.
- Bolt Pattern: 5 on 4 1/2"
- Wheel Size: *13" and up
- Useable Stud Length: 1.32"
* - Will not be accepted on 13" aluminum rims and some 14" aluminum rims
- (1) Stainless steel rotor with GalvX hub
- (1) Caliper
- (1) Pair Brake Pads
- (2) Slider pins
- (1) Grease Seal
- (1) Inner Bearing
- (1) Outer bearing
- (1) Grease Cap with Rubber Plug
- (1) Swivel Brake Line Connector (attached to caliper)
- (1) Mounting Bracket
- (5) 1/2" Lug Nuts
- Flange mounting hardware
NOTE: Pads must be replaced when 3/32" (.094") or less of the pad friction material is left.
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 82091