This disc brake assembly by Tie Down Engineering comes with all components necessary to outfit one wheel with a disc brake system. The integral one piece rotor/hub unit will provide enhanced corrosion protection with the stainless steel disc rotor and cast aluminum caliper. The hub has a Galv-X coated finish. This assembly comes pre-greased from the manufacturer.
- Universal (left or right)
- Pre-assembled with races, bearings, and grease seal installed
- Pre-greased with Lucas Red 'N' Tacky grease
- Integral hub/rotor combination
- Stainless steel rotor provides the bery best protection against fresh water and salt water environments
- Galv-X coated hub
- Aluminum alloy a380 calipers dissipate heat up to five times faster than standard cast iron calipers and have an E-coat finish to protect from salt buildup
- Slim caliper design permits short axle overhangs and faster cooling
- Automotive quality floating ceramic brake pads have stainless steel backing plates
- Ceramic padding provides a quieter, smoother stop while increasing the longevity of the rotor
- Bi-metal piston sheds braking heat five times faster than one piece stainless pistones through the combination of a stainless steel outer jacket and an anodized aluminum inner sleeve
- Outer jacket is designed not to corrode or rust when exposed to road salt or saltwater
- Over-sized rubber boot is 50% thicker by design and for positive piston withdrawal
- Non-corrodible oil impregnated bronze bushings last longer and work with corrosion resistant stainless steel caliper slider pins to provide smooth sliding
- Hex head design of the slider pins allows quick removal to make servicing the brakes easier
- Type 304 stainless steel bleeder valves with Teflon coating allow for easy bleeding of the brake system
- A rotating swivel brake line connector allows easy positioning of the brake hose for any particular trailer application
- Square O-ring with slant edge helps retract the piston away from the rotor when brake fluid pressure is released, providing better protection from contaminates entering the fluid
- Grease cap with rubber plug permits easy access to axle spindles with zerk fittings for re-greasing
- Fine thread slider pins
- Triple lipped grease seal keeps the grease in the rotor and water out
NOTE: Tie Down disc brakes cannot be used with any electric-over-hydraulic actuator that produces more than 1,000 PSI.
- Rotor Diameter: 11.5"
- Inner Bearing: 25580 (1 3/4")
- Outer Bearing: 15123 (1 1/4")
- Seal Inner Diameter: 2.25"
- Caliper: 46910
- Mounting Bracket: 70518X
- Axle Rating: 6,000 lbs.
- Bolt Pattern: 6 on 5 1/2"
- Wheel Size: 14" - 15"
- (1) Stainless steel rotor with Galv-X hub
- (1) Caliper
- (1) Pair brake pads
- (2) Slider pinds
- (1) Grease Seal
- (1) Inner Bearing
- (1) Inner Race
- (1) Outer Bearing
- (1) Outer Race
- (1) Grease Cap with Rubber Plug
- (1) Swivel brake line connector (attacted to caliper)
- (1) Mounting bracket
- (6) 1/2" lug nuts
- Flange mounting hardware
NOTE: Pads must be replaced when 3/32" (.094") or less of the pad friction material is left.
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 82092