The DEX87 by Dexter (manufacturer part numbers 23-048 and 23-047) is a 7" electric brake kit suitable for small capacity non-marine applications. The brakes have a combined capacity of 2,200 lbs. They are commonly found on small, straight spindle axles that have been modified with flanges for brake mounting. The additional braking provides more user control and better stopping power as compared to idler hubs.
- One left hand side assembly and one right hand side assembly
- Readily available for flange mounting
- Includes mounting hardware
- Fits 2,000 and 2,200 lbs. axles
- Electric braking system requires brake controller (not included)
- Actuator and hydraulic brake lines are not needed
- Manual shoe adjustment
- Non-polarized magnet allows either wire to be used as ground or power supply
- Pre-spliced wires for convenient installation
- Used with 7" drums
- Brake Size: 7" x 1.25"
- Axle Capacity: 2-2,200 lbs.
- Standard 4-hole mounting pattern
- Flange Hole Mounting Distance: 2 7/8" center-to-center
- Wheel Size: 10" - 13"
- Shoe Adjustment: Manual
One Kit Includes:
- (1) Complete 7" left hand electric brake assembly
- (1) Complete 7" right hand electric brake assembly
- (8) 7/16" nuts and bolts for mounting
NOTE: Electric brakes should not be used for marine applications.
Dexter Part Numbers:
Left Hand 23-047 (023-047, K23-047)
Right Hand 23-048 (023-048, K23-048)