- Product Features
The 23-434 made by Dexter is a complete, or otherwise known as "loaded", brake assembly that comes pre-assembled and ready to be mounted onto your flange with existing bolts and nuts. This brake uses a forward self adjusting feature which adjusts the brakes on each forward stop. As the shoes wear on the drums, the adjuster arm rotates the screw assembly at the bottom of the brake, expanding the shoes to fill in the gap. The 4 hole flange pattern can be found on some 8,000 and 9,000 lbs. AL-KO and Dexter axles.
- One left hand brake assembly (right hand sold separately)
- Loaded backing plate is ready to mount
- Mounting hardware not included
- Fits 9,000 to 10,000 lbs. axles with AL-KO/Hayes 4-hole mounting flanges
- Brake controller required for operation (sold separately)
- Electric brake systems offer more user control compared to hydraulic systems
- Brake lines and brake actuators not needed
- Simple and quick installation
- Has more moving parts making maintenence cheaper
- Forward Self-Adjusting feature
- Shoes will automatically adjust every time braking is applied for optimal performance
- Non-polarized magnet allows either wire to be used as the ground or power supply
- Pre-spliced magnet wires
- Made in USA
- Brake Size: 12.25" x 3.375" (3 3/8")
- Brake Alignment: Left Hand - Driver Side
- Individual Brake Capcity: 4,500 lbs. - 5,000 lbs.
- Axle Capacity: 9,000 lbs. - 10,000 lbs.
- 4-Hole Flange
- Wheel Size: 15" and up
- Shoe Adjustment: Self-Adjusting
NOTE: Electric brakes should not be used on marine applications.
Dexter Part Number: 23-434 (023-434, K23-434)
No Customer Reviews
Be the first to review this product.
Write Your Own Review
Call Toll-Free 844-882-8576