Tie Down Engineering's Eliminator series disc brakes are a hub and rotor combination braking system with marine use in mind. The Galv-X coating protects the underlying cast steel disc brake from corrosion and rust. Disc brakes are becoming the go-to form of trailer braking and for good reason. They provide optimal braking every time the vehicle stops and will self-adjust as the pads wear down. This kit will outfit a trailer with disc brakes on two axles. It can replace the old drum brakes, either electric or hydraulic, or simply upgrade from an idler axle system to a superior braking system.
- Pre-assembled rotors with races, bearings and grease seals installed
- Pre-greased with Lucas Rd 'N' Tacky grease
- Galv-X coated to prevent corrosion and rust
- Easy lub grease cap with rubber plug
- Aluminum alloy a380 caliper with an E-coat finish
- Slip design permits short axle overhangs and faster cooling
- Automotive quality ceramic brake pads with stainless steel backing plates
- Over-sized rubber boot is 50% thicker by design and provides positive piston withdrawal
- Non-corrodible oil impregnated bronze bushings
- Type 304 stainless steel bleeder valves with Teflon coating
- Fine thread, stainless steel slider pins
- Galv-X finish
- Fits on 5-bolt axles flanges
- Includes all lining for a tandem axle braking system
- 20' main line
- Brass tees
- Clamps and ties included
- Flexible, rayon reinforced rubber
- Model 850E actuator
- Cast ball clamp & extended latch lever
- Zinc plated
- Built-in back up solenoid with cover
- Heavy duty vinyl coated, coiled emergency stop cable
- Rotor Diameter: 12"
- Inner Bearing: 25580 (1 3/4")
- Outer Bearing: 15123 (1 1/4")
- Seal Inner Diameter: 2.25"
- Bolt Pattern: 6 on 5 1/2"
- Axle Rating: 6,000 lbs. per set
- Actuator Coupler Size: 2"
- Actuator Mounting: 3" wide trailer tongues
- Actuator Capacity: 8,500 lbs.
NOTE: Brake pads must be replaced when 3/32" (.094") or less of the pad friction material is left.