The 23-428 electric brake by Dexter measures 12.25" in diameter and comes ready to mount. An adjuster spring is accessible on the back of the plate via plugged holes that allow shoe adjustment without having to take the drums or wheels off. Either magnet wire can be used for ground or power supply.
- One left hand brake assembly (right hand sold separately)
- Loaded backing plate ready to mount
- Mounting hardware not included
- Brake controller required for operation (sole separately)
- Electric brake systems offer more user control compared to hydraulic systems
- Brake lines and actuator not necessary for operation
- Simple and quick installation
- Non-polarized magnet allows either wire to be used as ground or power supply
- Pre-spliced wires for convenient installation
- Use with 12.25" drums (sold separately)
- Manufacturer in USA
- Brake Size: 12.25" x 2.5"
- Brake Alignment: Left Hand - Driver Side
- Individual Brake Capacity: 3,600 lbs.
- Axle Capacity: 7,200 lbs.
- 4-Hole Flange
- Wheel Size: 15" and up
- Shoe Adjustment: Manual
NOTE: Electric brakes should not be used for marine applications.
Dexter Part Number: 23-428 (023-428, K23-428)