The 23-446 by Dexter is a complete electric brake assembly with one of the strongest magnet and stopping power that is offered for towing systems. The 5" width padding and 15,000 lbs. per pair capacity is designed for the heaviest of non-marine applications. A forward self-adjusting feature provides convenient and optimal braking performance while taking stress away from the tow vehicle.
- One left hand brake assembly (right hand sold separately)
- Loaded backing plate ready to mount
- Mounting hardware not included
- 5" wide ceramic brake pads
- Fits 15,000 lbs. axles with 7-hole flanges
- In-cab brake controller required for operation (sold separately)
- Electric brake systems offer more user control compared to hydraulic systems
- Brake lining and brake actuator not required for operation
- More moving parts allows for cheaper part maintenance
- Forward Self-Adjusting feature
- Shoes will automatically adjust every time braking is applied
- Self-adjusting shoes will provide the best stopping power every time
- Non-polarized magnet allows either wire to be used as the ground or power supply
- Pre-spliced magnet wires
- Manufactured in USA
- Brake Size: 12.25" x 5"
- Brake Alignment: Left Hand - Driver Side
- Individual Brake Capacity: 7,500 lbs.
- Axle Capacity: 15,000 lbs.
- 7-hole flange
- Wheel Size: 15" and up
- Shoe Adjustment: Self-Adjusting
NOTE: Electric brakes should not be used on marine applications.
Dexter Part Number: 23-446 (023-446, K23-446)