The 23-451 by Dexter is a 12.25" self-adjusting electric brake assembly for heavier duty axles and applications. The cable and lever system automatically adjusts the shoes upon braking every time to ensure proper stopping power. Manual adjustments are not necessary after the first initial adjustment when installing. Either magnet wire can be used for ground or power supply.
- One right hand brake assembly (left hand sold separately)
- Loaded backing plate ready to mount
- Mounting hardware not included
- Fits 9,000 to 10,000 lbs. axles with standard 7-hole mounting flanges
- Brake controller required for operation (sold separately)
- Electric brake systems offer more user control compared to hydraulic systems
- Brake lines and brake actuator not needed
- Simple and quick installation
- Shoes will automatically adjust every time braking is applied for optimal performance
- Non-polarized magnet allows either wire to be used as ground or power supply
- Pre-spliced wires for convenience
- Used with 12.25" drums (sole separately)
- Manufactured in USA
- Brake Size: 12.25" x 3.375" (3 3/8")
- Brake Alignment: Right Hand - Passenger Side
- Individual Brake Capacity: 4,500 lbs. - 5,000 lbs.
- Axle Capacity: 9,000 lbs. - 10,000 lbs.
- Standard 7-Hole Flange
- Wheel Size: 15" and up
- Shoe Adjustment: Self-Adjusting
NOTE: Electric brakes should not be used on marine applications.
Dexter Part Number: 23-451 (023-451, K23-451)