Tie Down Engineering has adapted the best features of grease and oil lubrication to develop the Vortex Hub "No Touch" lubrication system. The 81022 provides long term continuous bearing lubrication and ease of service or inspection. This hub is pre-greased and comes with a 1 3/8" inner bearing and a 1 1/16" outer bearing installed.
- Super strong, threaded removable grease cap with O-ring
- Cap design allows easy access to the spindle grease zerk fitting while maintaining a closed system
- Vortex hubs are designed to a no maintenance hub lasting up to 100,000 miles or 6 years
- Pre-greased with Lucas Oil Marine grease
- Lucas Oil Marine grease is a premium lithium based complex fortified with rust and oxidation inhibitors, high pressure additives and provides a high degree of moisture resistance and washout properties
- Cast iron hub has an E-coated finish to help protect against rust and corrosion
- Includes pre-pressed races, greased bearings, pre-pressed studs, and a flush pressed grease seal
- Triple lipped, spring loaded grease seal provides a water tight fit
- Fits onto standard 3,500 lbs. axles with tapered spindles
- Features an external grease zerk fitting on the back of the hub
- No need for periodic regreasing or inspection
NOTE: To maintain the factory warranty, Lucas Oil Marine grease must be used when adding or replacing grease in the Vortex hub.
- Individual Hub Capacity: 1,750 lbs.
- Axle Capacity: 3,500 lbs.
- Bolt Pattern: 5 on 4 1/2"
- Hub Height: 4 1/4"
- Inner Bearing (included): L68149 (1 3/8")
- Outer Bearing (included): L44649 (1 1/16")
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 1.72
- Grease Cap: 48355V
- (1) Vortex Hub, pre-greased and loaded
- (1) Inner Bearing
- (1) Outer Bearing
- (1) Grease Seal
- (1) Vortex Threaded Cap
- (1) Cotter Pin
- (5) Lug Nuts
NOTE: Caps with white "Vortex" lettering is no longer being manufactured by Tie Down Engineering
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 81022