Tie Down Engineering has adapted the best features of grease and oil lubrication to develop the Vortex hub; a worry free, "no touch" system. The 81017 provides long term continuous bearing lubrication and ease of service or inspection. This hub is pre-greased and comes with 1 1/16" bearings for straight spindle axles on small capacity trailers.
- Super strong threaded removable grease cap with O-ring
- Cap design allows easy access to the spindle grease zerk fitting while maintaining an air tight system
- Vortex system is designed to be a no maintenance hub for 6 years
- Pre-greased with Lucas Oil Marine grease
- Lucas Oil Marine grease is a premium lithium based complex fortified with rust and oxidation inhibitors, high pressure additives and provides a high degree of moisture resistance and washout properties
- Cast iron hub has an E-coated finish to help protect against rust and corrosion
- Includes pre-pressed races, greased bearings, pre-pressed studs, and flush pressed grease seal
- Triple lipped, spring loaded grease seal provides a tight fit on the spindle
- Fits onto standard low capacity axles with 1 1/16" straight spindles
- Hub features an external grease zerk fitting on the back for reagreasing when a spindle zerk is not present
- No need for periodic regreasing or inspection
NOTE: To maintain the factory warranty, Lucas Oil Marine grease must be used when adding or replacing grease in the Vortex hub.
- Individual Hub Capacity: 1,350 lbs.
- Bolt Pattern: 5 on 4 1/2"
- Hub Height: 4 1/8"
- Inner/Outer Bearing (included): L44649 (1 1/16")
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 1.25"
- Grease Cap: 48355V
- (1) Vortex Hub, Pre-greased and loaded
- (1) Inner Bearing
- (1) Outer Bearing
- (1) Grease Seal
- (1) Vortex Threaded Cap
- (1) Cotter Pin
- (5) Lug Nuts
NOTE: Caps with white "Vortex" lettering is no longer being manufactured by Tie Down Engineering.
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 81017