This kit by Dexter Marine under the Tie Down Engineering division comes with all components necessary to outfit one wheel with a disc brake system. The integral one piece rotor/hub unit will provide the cool running benefits of a vented disc rotor and a cast aluminum caliper for users traveling in steel grades and over long hauls. Galv-X coating provides added protection from rust and corrosion from salt.
- Pre-assembled rotor with races, bearings, and grease seal installed
- Pre-greased with Lucas Red 'N' Tacky grease
- Integral hub/rotor combination is Galv-X coated to tough through marine environments both fresh water and salt water
- Aluminum alloy a380 caliper dissipates heat up to five times faster than standard cast iron calipers and have an E-coat finish to protect from salt buildup
- Slim caliper design permits short axle overhangs and faster cooling
- Automotive quality ceramic brake pads with stainless steel backing plates for corrosion resistance
- Bi-metal piston sheds braking heat five times faster than one piece stainless pistons through the combination of a stainless steel outer jacket and an anodized aluminum inner sleeve
- Oversized rubber boot is 50% thicker by design and provides positive piston withdrawal
- Non-corrodible oil impregnated bronze bushings last longer and work with corrosion resistant stainless steel caliper slider pins to provide smooth sliding
- 7/16" hex head design of the slider pins allows for quick removal to make servicing the brakes easier
- Type 304 stainless steel bleeder valves with Teflon coating allow for easy bleeding of the brake system
- Grease cap with rubber plug allows for easy access to axles with zerk fittings for re-greasing
- Fine thread slider pins
NOTE: This disc brake cannot be used with any electric-over-hydraulic actuators that produce more than 1,000 PSI.
- Rotor Diameter: 9.6"
- Replaces Rotor Size: 10" (46245)
- Inner Bearing: 68149 (1 3/8")
- Outer Bearing: 44649 (1 1/16")
- Caliper: 46304
- Mounting Bracket: 44676
- Axle Rating: 3,500 lbs.
- Bolt Pattern: 5 on 4 1/2"
- Wheel Size: 13" - 15"
- Rotor Thickness: 3/4"
- (1) GalvX coated rotor/hub
- (1) Caliper
- (1) Pair Brake Pads
- (2) Slider pins
- (1) Grease Seal
- (1) Inner Bearing
- (1) Outer Bearing
- (1) Grease Cap with Rubber Plug
- (1) Mounting bracket
- Mounting bolts and 1/2" lug nuts
NOTE: Pads must be replaced when 3/32" (.094") or less of the pad friction material is left.
Dexter Marine/Tie Down Engineering Part Number: 82113