The 6084A axle (Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine part number 49916) comes with two loose spring seats, axle nuts, washers, and cotter pins. This 3", 6,000 lbs. capacity replacement axle is commonly found on heavier duter utility and landscaping applications. The beam is finished with a black powder coating to resist corrosion and also features a slight bend, called a camber. This camber must be mounted facing up and is designed to deflect the weight of the trailer to ensure even tire tread wear. At the ends of the spindles are grease zerks for simple and convenient bearing greasing. The axle has two standard 5-hole flanges for brake mounting capability.
- Black powder coat finish
- Includes 2 castellated nuts, 2 washers, and 2 cotter pins
- Zerk fitting at end of spindles for simple bearing lubrication
- Fitting allows grease to easily flow to both the inner and outer bearings for a complete repack while purging old grease without removing the hub
- To be used with EZ-Lube caps
- Comes with spring seats loose unless otherwise specified (welding is extra)
- Seats must be welded to the axle beam prior to installation
- Slight camber built into axle beam
- 5-hole flanges for brake mounting
- Hubs/drums sold separately
- Capacity: 6,000 lbs.
- Hub Face Measurement: 79"
- Flange to Flange Measurement: 70.25"
- Overall Length: 84.5"
- **Spring Center Range: 60" - 64"
- Beam: 3" Round
- Spindle: 1 3/4" x 1 1/4" flared
- Standard 5 hole flange
**The spring center range is measured from the center of one spring or spring seat to the center of the opposite spring or spring seat.
- Inner Bearing (sold separately): 25880 (1 3/4" inner diameter)
- Outer Bearing (sold separately): 15123, 14125, 67048 (1 1/4" inner diameter)
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 2.25
NOTE: We will only weld within the recommended spring center range provided by the manufacturer. Going inside or outside of this range may cause the strength of the axle to lessen or even cause a complete axle failure. Welded axles are non-returnable for any reason. When installing the axle, make sure that the camber bow is pointing up. This camber is designed to deflect the weight of the load once weight is applied to the trailer, essentially straightening out the axle to prevent uneven tire tread wear.
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 49916