The DEX122 by Dexter (manufacturer part numbers 23-105 and 23-106) is an electric brake kit good for one axle. The kit includes both the left hand and the right hand assemblies with the necessary mounting hardware. This set up is typically found on 6,000 lbs. axles with 12" drums.
- One left hand side brake assembly and one right hand side brake assembly
- Loaded backing plates are ready to mount
- Mounting hardware included
- Fits 6,000 lbs. axles
- Electric brake systems provides more user control via a brake controller (not included)
- Electric brakes provide simple installation compared to hydraulic brakes
- Actuator and brake lines not needed
- Manual shoe adjustment
- Access points to the adjuster are located on the back of the brake
- Non-polarized magnet allows either wire to be used as ground or power supply
- Pre-spliced wires for convenience
- Used with 12" drums (not included)
- Manufacturerd in USA
- Brake Size: 12" x 2"
- Brake Alignment: Left and Right Hand
- Individual Brake Capacity: 3,000 lbs.
- Axle Capacity: 6,000 lbs.
- Standard 5-hole mounting pattern
- Wheel Size: 14 1/2" - 16"
- Shoe Adjustment: Manual
One Kit Includes:
- (1) Complete 12" left hand electric brake assembly
- (1) Complete 12" right hand electric brake assembly
- (10) 3/8"-16 replacement bolts and nuts
- (10) 3/8"-24 nuts for axles that have pre-pressed flange bolts
NOTE: Electric brakes should not be used on marine applications. These brakes cannot fit onto AL-KO brand 6,000 lbs. axles with 4-hole flanges.
Dexter Part Numbers:
Left Hand 23-105 (023-105, K23-105)
Right Hand 23-106 (023-106, K23-106)