The F2342 electric brake by Dexter (manufacturer part numbers 23-180 and 23-181) is a 12" x 2" with stronger magnets for 7,000 lbs. axles. The stonger magnet is indicated by the black colored magnet wires as compared to the white ones of the same brake size. The kit is boxed with two brakes, one left and one right with the necessary mounting hardware. This will outfit one axle with electric brakes.
- One left hand side brake assembly and one right hand side brake assembly
- Loaded backing plates are ready to mount to 5-hole axle flange
- Mounting hardware included
- Fits up to7,000 lbs. axles
- Brake controller required (not included)
- Electric brake systems provides more user control
- Manual shoe adjustment
- Non-polarized magnet allows either wire to be used as ground or power supply
- Pre-spliced wires for convenient installation
- Used with 12" drums (sold separately)
- Manufactured in USA
- Brake Size: 12" x 2"
- Brake Alignment: Left and Right Hand
- Individual Brake Capacity: 3,500 lbs.
- Axle Capacity: 7,000 lbs.
- Standard 5-Hole mounting pattern
- Wheel Size: 14 1/2" - 16"
- Shoe Adjustment: Manual
One Kit Includes:
- (1) Complete 12" left hand electric brake assembly
- (1) Complete 12" right hand electric brake assembly
- (10) 3/8"-16 bolts and nuts
- (10) 3/8"-24 nuts for axles that have pre-pressed flange bolts
NOTE: Electric brakes should not be used on marine applications.
Dexter Part Numbers:
Left Hand 23-180 (023-180, K23-180)
Right Han 23-181 (023-181, K23-181)