The F2344 electric brake kit includes one left hand brake assembly and one right hand brake assembly by Dexter (manufacturer part numbers 23-458 and 23-459). This kit also comes with the necessary hardware to mount. The self-adjusting feature provides optimal braking performance every time by adjusting the shoes when braking is applied. Manual shoe adjustment is no longer needed. This brake kit is commonly found on 6,000 lbs. axles.
- One left hand side brake assembly and one right hand side brake assembly
- Loaded backing plates are ready to mount to 5-hole axle flanges
- Mounting hardware included
- Fits 6,000 lbs. axles
- Brake controller required (not included)
- Electric brake systems provide more user control compared to hydraulic systems
- Easy, simple installation
- Kit outfits one axle with brakes
- No brake actuator or lines needed
- Self-adjusting design
- Shoes will automatically adjust every time braking is applied for optimatl performance
- Non-polarized magnet allows either wire to be used as ground or power supply
- Pre-spliced wires for convenient installation
- Used with 12" drums (sold separately)
- Manufactured in USA
- Brake Size: 12" x 2"
- Brake Alignmet: Left and Right Hand
- Individual Brake Capacity: 3,000 lbs.
- Axle Capacity: 6,000 lbs.
- Standard 5-hole mounting pattern
- Wheel Size: 14 1/2" - 16"
- Shoe Adjustment: Self-Adjustment
One Kit Includes:
- (1) Complete 12" left hand self-adjusting electric brake assembly
- (1) Complete 12" right hand self-adjusting electric brake assembly
- (10) 3/8"-16 bolts and nuts
- (10) 3/8-24 nuts for axles that have pre-pressed flange bolts
NOTE: Electric brakes should not be used on marine applications.
Dexter Part Numbers:
Left Hand Brake: 23-458 (023-458, K23-458)
Right Hand Brake: 23-459 (023-459, K23-459)