The 52294A galvanized drop axle by Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine (manufacturer part number 49858) has a 5,200 lbs. capacity and pre-drilled spring holes. Dropped axles, also known as axles with a stepped spindle, will lower the deck of the trailer. The galvanized finish and pressed stainless steel wear rings provide lasting corrosion resistance from the elements. A slight camber, or offset, is present on either spindle to allow even tire tread wear when weight is applied. 5 hole flanges behind the spindles allow brake installation.
- Hot dipped galvanized beam to combat corrosion
- Galvanized axles will last much longer than painted ones and are perfect for marine applications
- Features a stainless steel wear sleeve on either spindle
- Slight camber built into spindle welds
- Used for leaf spring suspension systems
- Includes 2 castellated nuts, 2 washers, and 2 cotter pins
- Pre-drilled 5/16" drain hole
- 5-hole flanges for brake mounting
- Hubs/drums sold separately
- Capacity: 5,200 lbs.
- Hub Face Measurement: 87.75"
- Flange to Flange Measurement: 79"
- Overall Length: 93.25"
- Spring Center: Pre-drilled at 70" center to center
- Beam: 2" x 3" Square
- Spindle: 1 3/4" x 1 1/4" flared
- Spindle Drop Distance: 2"
- Standard 5 Hole Flange
- Inner Bearing (sold separately): 25580 (1 3/4" inner dimension)
- Outer Bearing (sold separately): 15123 (1 1/4" inner dimension)
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 2.25"
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 49858