The 46094A axle by Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine (manufacturer part number 49941) features 4" drop spindles and boasts a 6,000 lbs. weight capacity. When installed, drop axles will lower the deck of a trailer. The axle beam has a black powder coat finish to resist corrosion and the spindles have pressed stainless steel wear rings for a tight grease seal fit. Zerk fittings on the EZ Lube spindles allow for fast and simple bearing greasing when combined with EZ Lube caps and a grease gun. A slight bend in the axle beam, called a camber, must be installed with the arc pointing up to achieve the full strength of the axle. This bend will straighten out once weight is applied to create even tire tread wear. The axle includes two loose spring seats and mounted spindle hardware.
- Black powder coat finish
- Includes 2 castellated nuts, 2 washers, and 2 cotter pins
- Zerk fitting at end of spindles for simple bearing lubrication
- Fitting allows greaste to easily flow to both the inner and outer bearings for a complete repack while purging old grease without removing the hub
- To be used with EZ-Lube caps
- Comes with spring seats loose unless otherwise specified (welding is extra)
- Seats must be welded to the axle beam prior to installation
- Slight camber built into axle beam
- Used for leaf spring suspension systems
- 5-hole flanges for brake mounting
- Hubs/drums sold separately
- Capacity: 6,000 lbs.
- Hub Face Measurement: 89.5"
- Flange to Flange Measurement: 80.75"
- Overall Length: 95.5"
- **Spring Center Range: 70" - 72"
- Beam: 3" Round
- Spindle: 1 3/4" x 1 1/4" flared
- Spindle Drop Distance: 4"
- Standard 5 hole flanges
**The spring center range is measured from the center of one spring or spring seat to the center of the opposite spring or spring seat.
- Inner Bearing (sold separately): 25580 (1 3/4" inner diameter)
- Outer Bearing (sold separately): 15123, 67048, 14125 (1 1/4" inner diameter)
- Grease Seal Inner Diameter: 2.25"
NOTE: We will only weld within the recommended spring center range provided by the manufacturer. Going inside or outside of this range may cause the strength of the axle to lessen or even cause a complete axle failure. Welded axles are non-returnable for any reason. When installing the axle, make sure that the camber bow is pointing up. This camber is designed to deflect the weight of the load once weight is applied to the trailer, essentially straightening out the axle to prevent uneven tire tread wear.
Tie Down Engineering/Dexter Marine of Georgia Part Number: 49941