The DEX12RH (Dexter Axle part number 23-106) is a 12" electric brake commonly found on utility and landscaping trailers. This size brake, with the standard 5-hole flange, fit onto most 6,000 lbs. capacity axles that are on the market today. It is a manual shoe adjustment design, meaning the pads will have to be pushed out over time for optimal braking. Two access holes on the back of the brake to the adjustment screw allow the shoes to be pushed out without having to take the hub or wheel off.
- One right hand assembly (left hand sold separately)
- Complete assembly readily available for flange mounting
- Fits 6,000 lbs. axles
- Electric braking systems requires a brake controller (sold separately)
- Actuator and hydraulic brake lining are not needed
- Manual shoe adjustment
- 5-hole flange takes 3/8" bolts (not included)
- Non-polarized magnet allow either wire to be used as the ground or power supply
- Pre-spliced wires
- Use with 12" inner diameter drums
- Manufactured in the USA
- 12" x 2"
- Brake Alignment: Right Hand - Passenger Side
- Individual Brake Capacity: 3,000 lbs. (white wire)
- Axle Capacity: 6,000 lbs.
- Standard 5-hole Flange
- Wheel Size: 14 1/2" - 16"
- Shoe Adjustment: Manual
NOTE: Electric brakes should not be used for marine applications. This brake cannot fit onto an AL-KO brand 6,000 lbs. axle with 4-hole flanges.
Dexter Part Number: 23-106 (023-106, K23-106)